Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tidy and Not So Tidy


I'm sure this scene looks very familiar to many of you. Anna and Amelia share a room. Poor Anna. This is what their beds look like on a daily basis. Anna's is the bottom bunk and Amelia's is the top. I can so relate. My sister, Janette, and I shared a room. You could practically see a line drawn down the middle of the room. Her side was so cluttered and mine was so neat and tidy. I feel your pain Anna. Unfortunately, she has inherited this compulsive perfectionism from both her parents. I will find her up at night getting things just so. When I tell her it can wait until tomorrow she says, it will drive me crazy. I have to do it now. Again, poor Anna!

3 comments:

Janette said...

Oh Amelia, I feel YOUR pain. Poor thing, you have to put up with someone ALWAYS running around picking things up and piling your things on top of your bed when they were so nicely organized in piles on the floor. You know exactly where everything is, until someone picks it up & puts it somewhere else. Poor Amelia, I feel your pain. ;) winky wink.

Jen, you know I love you....but I HAD to do it. :)

Jen said...

Of course you did...you more than anyone else can empathize with her. Just tonight when I sent Anna to bed, she complained about having to go to sleep in a messy bedroom. Poor thing inherited it from me. I think she got it all. Allie not so much but she does make her bed everyday!

Janette said...

It'll be good for both of them. I think I'm getting better at overall tidiness...depending on the day/week/phase of life. But no matter how hard I try, I just can't be as tidy as you. I'm just not built that way. I think to myself..."I need to clean up," but then I think that there are a billion other things I'd rather do than clean, so the cleaning goes undone. When it gets to me, I'll spend a few hours cleaning and call it good till next time. I think things might be better when we don't have 2 little hurricanes running around the house, but I'm not looking forward to that day either.

Love ya! Avery often asks when we are going to go to Anna's house and go crawdadding again. That is a very fond memory in our household. Glad we did it so she has that memory to hold her over till we can be together again.