Tuesday, September 1, 2009

28 Bottles of Peaches on the Wall

Yup, I canned peaches. Count 'em. There's 28. Since I have limited storage space, I decided to put them above my cupboards in my kitchen. That way I can see how beautiful they are all the time...and so can everyone else. Again, I'm so vain. Since I put the peaches up there, I decided to put everything else. I pickled some beets, dilly beans and made 3 kinds of jam. Strawberry, Apricot Pineapple and Cantelope Peach. I think my "sugar" food storage is leaps above the stuff that will really fill you up, ie, legumes, wheat, etc. But I just can't resist jam. When in crisis, I'll just have to say to my family, Gather 'Round the Sweet Stuff.
Before

After

2 comments:

Shannon said...

peaches and jam ARE so pretty! Great idea to store them where you can see them and be proud of your work. I usually take a picture of the things I've canned- it's a lot of work!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jen of the blogging posts! and the canning. You get such a warm feeling of accomplishment when you do that. I love the sound of the lids popping when they seal. We are making salsa and spaghetti sauce with this years abundance of tomatoes. Keep going girl!