Friday, May 15, 2009

CONGRATULATiONS, OUR ALLiE GiRL !!!

(I'm starting to feel like Michael Phelps now.)
Ok. So, every year there's an awards assembly. I get the usual letter from the school notifying us that Allie's receiving an award and that parents should attend. Allie usually receives an award or two. I was able to go this morning with our adopted grandpa, Raymond Johnson. (Bummer that Mike was working in Mesa today and had to miss it.) Allie started receiving award after award after award. Her friends were starting to joke saying, "You should receive an award for getting the most awards!" To make a short story long, the assembly was dragging on and on with all the sports awards, etc., that I was ready to leave. I even asked Allie if it was ok that I left. She consented. But I was with Raymond and he had driven. I asked him if he wanted to go but he didn't really answer. Maybe he didn't hear me or maybe he was just ignoring me. I'm not sure which, but we ended up staying until the bitter end. Although the end wasn't bitter. It was very sweet. The last award presented was by Principal Webb for the Student of the Year. And it was awarded to.....OUR ALLiE GiRL!!! We were both sooooo surprised. I cried, making Allie cry (and she cried for almost the rest of the morning because she was so overwhelmed). She has worked so hard at her school work and in all she does. Rarely is she recognized publically. I was so thrilled (and proud) for her. Her name will live in infamy, being engraved on a plaque that hangs in the school.

WAY TO GO, ALLiE!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Allie!! Why am I not suprised. She is the most motivated 14 yr. old I've ever seen. Some day I expect to attend the graduation of "Dr. Allie" Way to go girl!
Love you
Grandma Snow

Shannon said...

Wow Allie! Student of the year. That's pretty awesome! I once got an award for perfect attendance in first grade I think. It was awesome. Way to go cutie

Elisha said...

Oh my gosh, Allie! I'm so so so proud of you! Seriously, that is an amazing accomplishment and I had chills reading all about it. Congratulations!

Janette said...

You ROCK Allie!! I'm so impressed!