Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer Critters

Summer and monsoons bring us many opportunities to find cute little critters for the girls to enjoy. One night I went outside just after a big rain and found this on our back porch.....Boy, did I scream. It wasn't huge, but I've never seen a salamander on my porch or in my yard before. It really surprised me. While Anna and Amelia searched for grasshoppers to feed it, they found these two little cuties......
We call them horny toads. They really are horned toad lizards. These two are babies. We put them in the "bug catcher". They just sat there looking out like this, almost as if they were watching a movie. They didn't move or try to get out. They were so cute to watch. The girls really enjoy finding these little critters. I know Amelia can't wait until fall so we can catch tarantulas again.

1 comment:

Lise and Pete said...

My kids would LOVE living there! I loved the pic of the toads watching life pass by! Love Ya!