Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our Family Night Activity......

We have started a new FHE system. We have our lesson on Sunday night and then the activity on Monday. So last night it was my (Allie's) turn to do the activity. I had kept telling the girls "Oh, you guys are going to LOVE my activity!" However, I had just told the girls what the "activity" was going to be when the phone rang. We usually don't answer the phone on Family Night, but Dad said it was bishop so he answered it. We all listened, not very intently at first. Then Dad came back to the living room and told us that we needed to get our school backpacks and pack anything we held dear in it. It had to fit in the backpack and we couldn't have anything in our hands. He said we had to leave in ten minutes so we needed to hurry. Unknown to the two little girls, we had already planned this beforehand and that this was the activity. The girls did a lot better than we thought they would. I thought they might have complained or just plain freaked out, but they did really well. We got in the car and drove off and that's when I told them. They were a little bit mad at first, but after a while they decided that it was a good activity.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Creative! Where you doing a Lehi's family packing up and leaving analogy or something. I can't tell you guys how much Kara talks about you. She is already talking about her birthday party and how she wasnt Allie, Amelia and Anna to come. And today, she said, "Mom. I miss Allie so much!"

Shannon said...

Sorry, that was supposed to say, "were you..." I'll try to remember to proof read my comments before I post them!

Shannon said...

Another comment from me. yay. I just re-read my first comment again and realized that it is full of spelling and grammar mistakes. I found it funny and then I snorted.

Jen said...

Allie planned it. I think she was wanting to everyone to see what was really valuable to each person, how we'd react, etc. It was a good test run. The sad part was that Mike and i were in on it. We felt bad for making Anna and Amelia so scared.