Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer's Abundance

Mike helped me make 6 batches of peach jam! I went a little peach crazy. I got so many peaches then realized I had so little time to take care of them. Since I had 6 boxes of pectin, we made jam. We froze the rest. I think it will equal to about 8 gallon bags of frozen peaches. I guess we'll be eating alot of peach pie and cobbler this winter!
I also put up 4-5 gallon sized freezer bags of roasted New Mexico chilis. I wish I could get a good picture of these. I think I like the smell of fresh roasted chilis almost more than I like to eat them. They smelled so good. Our little white accord smelled like roasted chilis for days. (Mike wasn't too happy about that.) I have already made delicious chili rellenos with them. Oh, how I love summer's abundance!!

1 comment:

Lise and Pete said...

Once again...you are amazing! I never canned anything in my entire life! You are my hero! :) Love Ya!