Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Wreck

Introducing......Our new car! We are absolutely loving it so far. We needed new tires on the Pilot, it had a few scratches and a dome lightbulb was out. I guess we figure this was the only way we'd get stuff replaced or fixed. I'm actually happy to be rid of my leather seats. They are freezing during the cold months...which is 9 months out of the year, or so it seems.

What an adventure! And as I like to quote from The Little House on the Prairie books, "All's well that ends well". I feel so incredibly blessed. My first thoughts were, "We are so lucky!" But I know that luck had nothing to do with it. Yes, we had a safe car. Yes, we all had our seat belts on, sleeping at 4am. I know our Heavenly Father was watching over us. How else could we all have survived a rollover???
Looking at this picture just now makes me see that there were more windows busted out than I thought. WOW!
The internal structure held up beautifully! (See the orange cheetos? They were all over the car)

Anna got a nice goose egg and abrasion...probably from luggage hitting her.
Her cuts from climbing out of her broken window and climbing back in through the back
busted-out window.
Mike's air bag burn. It's healing nicely thanks to the wonderful salve they gave us for Anna at UVRMC (our favorite hospital in the whole wide world!)
Fortunately, it didn't "mess" our plans up too much. We did everything we went to Utah to do. We attended our Book of Mormon Evidence Conference in Midway, UT and we went to the Sunday morning session of General Conference.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Jen!! Those are some scary pictures. I am so glad you are all okay.