Friday, July 25, 2008

Rafting the San Juan River in Utah

Rafting the San Juan River was a blast with our Young Women. It was a privilege for Mike and I to chaperone. We carried EVERYTHING on two supply rafts, all our camping equipment – tents, air mattresses, pillows, the pee pee tee pee (which doubled as a shower tent – a shower never felt so good!), food, camp stoves. You know, all the important stuff! We kayaked, played in the water which made me feel like I was in the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. The water was so silty and brown. I was really leery about going in. But once the day heated up, it was a refreshing dip in the “watered down chocolate”. We had fun splashing and capsizing each other, camping and seeing Indian ruins. It was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, all the pictures from the river got lost. I have a few before we got started. Maybe you can see how dirty the water was.

No comments: